Nevada Senior Medicare Patrol - (SMP)
Help consumers recognize, detect and report Medicare errors, fraud and abuse. Every year the Medicare system is drained of billions of dollars as a result of fraud, waste, errors and abuse - estimated at $60 billion a year! There is an SMP in every state whose mission is to empower and assist Medicare beneficiaries, their families and their caretakers to prevent, detect, and report health care fraud, errors and abuse through outreach, counselling and education. Fraud, errors, waste and abuse impact taxpayers and beneficiaries as well as the Medicare program. As a volunteer, you can spread the anti-fraud message and help prevent Medicare errors, fraud and abuse.
General Requirements for SMP Volunteers:
In addition to the general requirements for all ADSD Volunteers, Volunteers for SMP must also:
- Complete SMP Foundations Training (classroom and online sessions)
- Pass the SMP Foundations Assessment
- Basic computer knowledge, including internet access helpful, but not required
For Advanced Opportunities must also complete:
- Group Presentation Training
- One–on-One Counseling Training
If you would like more information about becoming a Volunteer, Contact Us!