1. How do I get Medicare?

Once you reach the eligible age, you must enroll in Medicare through the Social Security Administration.  You can enroll by visiting your local Social Security office or online by visiting

2. I am happy with my Part D plan. Do I have to check it every year?

It is highly suggested that you check your Part D plan every year between October 15 and December 7.  Plans may change their rates and formulary every year.  What works for you this year may not work for you next year.

3. Is there a charge for SHIP counseling?

All SHIP services are completely free.  We can explain your Medicare options, help choose new plans, assist with appeals, and help with applications for Low Income Subsidy and State Prescription Assistance Programs.  We are unbiased professionals and do not sell any insurance plans.

4. I lost my Medicare card. How do I get a new one?

Contact the Social Security Administration to request a new one. 

Your Resource Centers

Serving Nevadans since 2005!

Northern Nevada

Rural Nevada

Southern Nevada


NWD Coordinator

Jamie Ahumada
3416 Goni Road
Carson City, NV 89706