- Web Link https://library.thinkquest.org/11799/
- Description OUR GOAL? It's really very simple....... We want to make the world a better place....... a more understanding and pleasant place for ALL the people of the world to live..........a place where differences; whether it be a disAbility (Visible or Invisible), religion, race or ethnic group, we can all live in peace and harmony....... without war or discrimination! We know that kids can make a difference in this world! After all, the recycling and environmental, earth and natural resources movements were pushed and marketed by kids clubs and organizations because it's their world we will inherit. With your help and the Internet, maybe together... we can make a lasting difference!
- Web Link https://www.ldonline.org/article/6086
- Description An Overview of IDEA and Section 504: Since 1975, every child with a disability has been entitled to a free and appropriate public education (FAPE) designed to meet his individual needs under the rules and regulations of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). This federal law governs all special education services and provides some funding to state and local education agencies to guarantee special education and related services for those students who meet the criteria for eligibility in a number of distinct categories of disability, each of which has its own criteria.
- Web Link https://www.fvkasa.org/index.php
- Description We model leadership and the power of self-advocacy. We are active in our schools, communities, families and places of employment. We share our message with other youth who have disabilities or chronic health conditions, as well as with our friends and peers. Our activities include: Representing the voice of youth living with disabilities and chronic health conditions by speaking to policy makers at public events and hearings Educating our communities, including students, teachers and administrators at our schools; medical students and physicians; and federally funded cafe and agencies and state programs Serving as advisors to the over 40,000 members of Family Voices across the country and organizations and agengies interested in promoting youth involvement and leadership
- Web Link https://www.wri-edu.org/
- Description Washington Research Institute (WRI) conducts research, development, and training in education and the human services focusing on the needs of children and families. The major goal of the Institute is to improve the quality of life for children and families, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds, minority groups or who have disabilities. We seek to pose and answer questions that will produce effective practices and realistic policies for minority populations. To learn more about the work that WRI researchers are involved in, please click on any of the items on the left and right toolbars.
- Web Link https://www.hhs.gov/ocr/civilrights/resources/factsheets/504.pdf
- Description Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 is a national law that protects qualified individuals from discrimination based on their disability. The nondiscrimination requirements of the law apply to employers and organizations that receive financial assistance from any Federal department or agency, including the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). These organizations and employers include many hospitals, nursing homes, mental health centers and human service programs.