- Web Link http://www2.ed.gov/parents/academic/involve/nclbguide/parentsguide.html
- Description U.S. Department of Education.
- Web Link http://www.cec.sped.org/am/template.cfm?section=Home
- Description The voice and vision of Special Education.
- Web Link http://www.kidsource.com/kidsource/content3/ada.idea.html
An education act to provide federal financial assistance to State and local education agencies to guarantee special education and related services to eligible children with disabilities.
- Web Link http://www.ldonline.org/article/6086
- Description Since 1975, every child with a disability has been entitled to a free and appropriate public education (FAPE) designed to meet his individual needs under the rules and regulations of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). This federal law governs all special education services and provides some funding to state and local education agencies to guarantee special education and related services for those students who meet the criteria for eligibility in a number of distinct categories of disability, each of which has its own criteria.