- Web Link https://www.fedvrs.us/session/new
- Description About Federal Video Relay Service: Federal Video Relay Service (VRS) enables a user who uses sign language to communicate via videoconferencing with a certified Video Interpreter (VI) through the Internet. The VI then voices/relays the signed conversation over the phone – in real time – to the hearing caller (standard telephone users).By using sign language over the full motion video, this allows the sign language user their natural language to convey facial expression and cues to ensure that nothing gets lost in the translation.
- Web Link https://www.norcrid.org/
- Description Hiring an interpreter can seem expensive. Interpreters earn a living from their work just like other professionals. We have families and partners and children and homes just like you do. In addition, unless interpreters are staff interpreters, they pay their own health insurance and self-employment (employer) taxes, fund their own retirement plans, and spend more money on their cars than people who have a regular and predictable commute.
- Web Link https://www.rid.org/ethics/overview/index.cfm
- Description Due to the complex nature of the interpreting process, misunderstandings, conflicts and allegations of misconduct occasionally occur. When a conflict arises, the experience and the consequences can prove devastating both personally and professionally for all involved, unless properly handled. RID’s Ethical Practices System (EPS), which seeks to bring accountability to the field of interpreting, is part of the tri-fold approach to establishing the standards RID maintains for its membership. It provides guidance and enforcement to professionalism and conduct while offering a complaint filing and review process to address concerns regarding the ethical decision-making of interpreters.
- Web Link https://www.rid.org/
- Description RID is a national membership organization representing the professionals who facilitate communication between people who are deaf or hard of hearing and people who hear. Interpreters serve as professional communicators in a vast array of settings such as: churches, schools, courtrooms, hospitals and theaters, as well as on political grandstands and television.
- Web Link https://www.sprintip.com/index.jsp
Sprint Relay Services: Sprint Relay's complete line of products and services is designed to provide fast, reliable and clear communication. Helping you get in touch and stay in touch—no matter where you are. Learn more about Sprint Relay’s solutions for the deaf, hard-of-hearing, or speech disabled.
- Web Link https://www.dhs.state.mn.us/main/idcplg?IdcService=GET_DYNAMIC_CONVERSION&RevisionSelectionMethod=LatestReleased&Redirected=true&dDocName=id_051607
- Description To maximize the effectiveness when working with an interpreter, here are some tips you can use: